New report out today that takes on some of the myths about the baby boomers, the 77 million people between the ages of 50 and 65. Full report available from Focalyst, but a quick rundown of my favorite myths:
- Boomers are retiring early. No hanging in the hat for boomers, just 11 percent say they will stop working when they reach retirement.
- Technology is not something boomers fear; 82 percent are using the Internet.
- Boomers are done with the kids. In fact, 37 percent have kids under 18 at home and a third are single.
Interesting and a reminder that the boomers are big, diverse and may not exactly what you thought.
Join or Renew With AARP for Just $16 a Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- A voice in Washington and in your community
- Free membership for your spouse or partner