Investors frequently get invited to lunch seminars that promise to educate them about investing strategies or managing money in retirement–often with an expensive meal provided at no cost. Just because someone buys you breakfast, lunch or dinner doesn’t mean you have to buy what they are saying–or selling.
Invitations to Free Lunch Seminars can be tempting. But before you accept, make sure ask a lot of questions such as:
- What are the risks of this investment?
- Will my investment be tied up? If so, for how long?
- What happens if I decide to sell or cash in my investment? Are there surrender charges or other fees?
- What are your credentials?
- Are you licensed to sell this investment?
- Is this investment product registered?
A wise and safe investor always asks as many questions as needed to understand the investment. To learn other helpful hints go here.