We know that everyone is using social networks these days – and that boomers are social networking more and more. A recent AARP study on the matter showed that more than a quarter of Americans age 50+ are on social networking sites.
You are already on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube right? And you love to keep up with the great things that AARP is doing, and see what kinds of interesting tidbits AARP has to share, right? This is your reminder that you can combine the two passions!
- AARP is on Facebook, updating frequently with the latest news and updates from AARP and around the nation.
- We are also on Twitter, updating in 140 characters or less about our latest news.
- And check out AARP’s YouTube channel for the latest videos from AARP.
If you aren’t yet on any of these sites, fret not. Before you take the leap (and we think you should!) check out this AARP article on social networking tips – find out about privacy, etiquette and jargon before you join the conversation. And once you do, have fun!
Join or Renew With AARP for Just $16 a Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- A voice in Washington and in your community
- Free membership for your spouse or partner