Open enrollment is here! And AARP is here to remind Americans to review their coverage – and consider all of the options to find the coverage that best fits your individual and specific needs. Americans in Medicare have until December 31st to add, drop or change prescription drug and health care plans for 2011…but don’t delay. December 31st will be here before we all know it.
You can use the Medicare Plan Finder at www.medicare.gov to research the plans that will be available in the coming year – and after thorough review, you should consider costs, coverage and quality ratings when making the decision to change coverage.
Never fear, AARP is here with a number of resources to help you navigate the Medicare options to be confident you are making the right coverage choice:
– A video (in English and Spanish) explaining the options available during open enrollment is available here.
– AARP Bulletin’s website provides a step-by-step guide to comparing drug plans and finding the best plan.
– You can find a fact sheet on 2011 Medicare Part D plans here.
– A recently launched tool – the Drug Savings Tool – helps you make better prescription drug choices, and can be helpful when determining your drug costs for next year when considering plans.
There’s a lot of information out there to help you make the right choice – so make sure you’re taking advantage of all this advice!
Join or Renew With AARP for Just $16 a Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- A voice in Washington and in your community
- Free membership for your spouse or partner