Are you a caregiver, like me, who thinks about everyone besides yourself? Could you use a day to feel pampered? I know how it is, running around with to-do lists. At 41, I’m already beginning to think about my future, but with my crazy schedule I hardly have time to think about where I’ll be in one year, let alone 10 years….
Thankfully, I know some great folks inside AARP that are helping to make my decisions easier. And now they can help you.
Our Decide.Create.Share. initiative helps boomer-age women prepare for long-term care and their future. They’re kicking off a series of “Me & My Life” makeover events this week to help women like me and you. If you live in North Carolina, you’re first on the list, and I’m excited to say you’ll get to meet Lee Woodruff, a caregiver, working mom and great ambassador for all boomer women!
Up for a day of pampering, makeovers, gift bags, games and some sound financial advice? Yeah, me too. Here’s the details:
- Who: Any boomer woman who wants to take the day to think about herself and her future.
- Why: Women often focus their energy on others – caring for kids and parents – and rarely take the time to think about their own future. Discover tools and resources so women can plan their second phase of life.
- When: Noon – 5 pm, Saturday, May 19 (Lee Woodruff will speak at 1 pm & 3 pm)
- Where: Tanger Outlets Mebane, 4000 Arrowhead Boulevard, Mebane, NC 27302
Bring your friends, your mom, your daughter—the event is open to all. Our experts will be on hand to answer questions and share tips for how to best prepare for your future. I’m going to be there. Will you?
And be sure to mark your calendars for upcoming events in your state:
- Sept. 20-22: AARP Life@50+ Member Event, New Orleans, LA (Leeza Gibbons hosting Lifestyle Session)
- Oct. 27: 12-5pm, Tanger Outlets, San Marcos, TX (special guest TBD)
- Nov. 3: Mall of America, Bloomington, MN (time & special guest TBD)