Q: Do you have any suggestions for steamy movies—not porn, but exciting. I recently saw Room in Rome and found it a very steamy, beautiful love story. I plan to see it again with my partner. Our love story is wonderful: Both of us are over 70, both widowed after 40 years and 50 years of very happy marriages. We found each other and found a new love which seems as wonderful and rewarding as our first ones. We want to share our experiences to encourage all the lonely widows and widowers like us to find someone to end the lonely days and nights. Life is good again! I love your column and we read it often. Keep it up! –LB
Dr. Schwartz: First, thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.
Secondly, thanks for the love story: I think older singles really need stories like yours in order to be inspired and hopeful of finding love again. As you know, love can happen in later life if people look for it and let it in when they find it. Your story helps people believe in it and persevere.
Hmm, steamy love story films. There’s so much personal taste in choices and sometimes steamy and love story doesn’t go together or its one scene and the rest of the movie is a downer, like Body Heat. But here are some to try:
- I like both An Affair to Remember movies, the original and the remake.
- Secretary is a bit kinky but ultimately sweet.
- The Lover, a Japanese film based on a true story of a young woman and her older lover.
- A Man and a Woman the original French version.
- Sea of Love with Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin has an amazingly passionate scene in it and some great repartee.
- Bull Durham ( I just can’t get over the nail polish scene)
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith, the movie that paired Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in real life as well as on screen, is fun and has a hot moment.
- On the edgier side you might try:
Happy viewing and let me know what you think.
Photo via IMDB.