One if by land and two if by sea? Maybe Paul Revere was a digital pioneer, since he “got” binary communication centuries before the digital cataclysm started to shake today’s world.
From the home of the first American revolution, tech adventurer George Takei begins a series of four episodes of his award-winning YouTube series Takei’s Take in the Boston metro area, with three questions:
- How did Boston drive the tech revolution in America?
- Why did the scene shift to Silicon Valley?
- What’s the future for Boston tech?
He talks with tech writer Scott Kirsner and a pair of entrepreneurs William Poduska (founder of Apollo and Prime Computer) and Bill Warner (founder of Avid Technology) about how technology, especially along the famed “Route 128 corridor,” was a key engine for Boston’s business growth, and they explore the state of the art today.
Also of Interest
- Google Glass: 5 Funniest Test Drives
- Oldest-Ever Congressman Ousted After 17 Terms
- Fight fraud and ID theft with the AARP Fraud Watch Network.
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more