AARP Eye Center
News, discoveries and ... fun
1. The world's first 3-D printed car took about 44 hours to assemble. (Learn more at Mashable)
2. Ditching your cellphone? It's best to scramble all the data (including nude selfies) before erasing it. (Learn more at AARP)
3. Delta has installed smaller toilets on some of its flights to squeeze in more seats. (Learn more at AARP)
>> 19 New Fall TV Shows for Grownups
4. A funeral home in Michigan offers a drive-thru window. (Learn more at WNEM-TV, Saginaw)
>> Get entertainment and dining discounts with your AARP Member Advantages.
6. Hand grip strength may be a far better indication of age than years. (Learn more at NY Times)
9. The key to a happy retirement is a happy wife. (Learn more at AARP)
10. Tequila was used for nutrition and energy, as well as intoxication, in prehistoric Mexico. (Learn more at Discovery)
11. Most older millennials consider it more important to enjoy a job than to make money. (Learn more at AARP)
OK — so it's a 5-minute-long commercial — but Bryan Cranston's fake one-man show about baseball is wildly entertaining.
Learn something this week? Mail your ideas to email@example.com, and we’ll try to include your story next time.
On Twitter, we’re using the hashtag # 11things.
Let us read 11 Things to you:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/168185235" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Images — 3-D printed car: Local Motors; Cellphone recycling: Thinkstock/AARP; Drive-through funeral: WNEM-TV, Saginaw, Mich., screenshot; Dinosaur: Nature Publishing Group via Copyright Clearance Center; Dynamomete: iStock/banksphotos; Pope Francis: iStock/neneos; iStock/Douglove.
Music – Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra plays Jimmie Lunceford and his Orchestra – Blue Blazes by Sy Oliver, Creative Commons, courtesy of Smithsonian Remix project.
Also of Interest
- Deer on the Golden Gage Bridge and Other Things We Didn't Know Last Week
- Playboy Bunnies: Then and Now
- Get Involved: Learn How You Can Give Back
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more