The AARP Livable Communities team is proud to announce that our recently relaunched website ( AARP.org/livable) and still-young monthly e-newsletter ( AARP.org/livable-newsletter) can now be described as “award-winning.”
In fact, our website and e-newsletter are multi-award-winning, as is our slideshow “ Dangerously Incomplete Streets,” which was published in May upon the release of the “2014 Dangerous by Design” report by the National Complete Streets Coalition.
The MIN Editorial & Design Awards are presented by MIN (aka: the “media industry newsletter”), which is a notable association and awards program among magazine, online and publishing-industry professionals.
- Winner, Best Slideshow, “Dangerously Incomplete Streets,”AARP Livable Communities
- Winner, Best E-Newsletter, AARP Livable Communities (tied with Architectural Digest)
- Honorable Mention, Best Packaging of Archived Content, AARP Livable Communities
- Honorable Mention, Best Microsite/Continuous Content, AARP Livable Communities
Other honorable mentions (aka: finalists) in those categories included The Huffington Post, Kiplinger's, People and Time magazines.)
The MarCom Awards
, which is run by the Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals, is an international creative competition that recognizes outstanding achievement in marketing and communications (aka: MarCom).
- Gold Winner, e-Newsletter, AARP Livable Communities e-Newsletter
- Gold Winner, Website Home Page, AARP.org/livable
- Gold Winner, Microsite, AARP.org/livable
- Gold Winner, Association Website, AARP.org/livable
- Honorable Mention, Website Design, AARP.org/livable
- Honorable Mention, Landing Page, AARP.org/livable (A-Z Archives)
- Honorable Mention, Slideshow, AARP.org/livable ("Dangerously Incomplete Streets")
Also of Interest
- Visit America’s Best Small Towns
- 7 Solutions for Improving a Home’s Energy Efficiency
- 6 Places to Never Use Your Debit Card
- Get Involved: Learn How You Can Give Back
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more.