News, discoveries and fun...
1. Cronuts - New York City's new pastry craze - go for $40 on the black market. (Learn more at AARP)
2. One more reason to have sex: It's good for your knees, elbows and other joints. (Learn more at AARP)
3. Make that two more reasons: Regular sex can make you look 7 years younger. (Learn more at Daily Mail)
4. In the first suit filed under a new Chinese law, a court ordered a woman to visit her mother at least twice a month. (Learn more at AARP)
5. James Madison was president when a rockfish recently caught in the north Pacific was born. (Learn more at LiveScience)
6. Our parents were right ... we do watch too much TV. (Learn more at AARP)
7. Pets can get food stamps, too. (Learn more at AARP)
8. Eat all the cronuts you want, America. We're no longer the fattest country in the world. (Learn more at Global Post)
9. Gordon H. "Gunny" Gundrum, the Park Service ranger assigned to protect Martin Luther King Jr. during his "I Have a Dream" speech, "was, deep down inside, scared." (Learn more at AARP)
10. We humans have been decorating graves with flowers for almost 14,000 years. (Learn more at Daily Mail)
11. Baby goat therapy is good for the soul.
Learn something this week? Let us know, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll try to include your story next time. On Twitter, we're using the hashtag #11things.
Let us read "11 Things" to you:
Photos: greychr/Flickr; Rachel Lovinger/Flickr; smalljim/Wikimedia Commons; Home page cronut photo: Andrew Burton/Getty Images; Sound: Bidone via freesound.org; Music: Deep Sky Blue by Graphiqs Groove via FMA
Also of Interest
- 8 Foods We Eat That Other Countries Ban
- The #1 Reason Why Men and Women Over 50 Cheat (It's Not What You Think!)
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more