News, discoveries and fun ...
1. Trying to shame people into losing weight only makes them get fatter. (Learn more at AARP)
2. Former President George H.W. Bush looks great Michael Jordan style. (Learn more at Daily Mail)
3. Bush hates broccoli, but former President (and current vegan) Bill Clinton substitutes whipped cauliflower for mashed potatoes. (Learn more at AARP)
4. Old Jews can tell the same jokes 500 times and still get laughs. (Learn more at AARP)
5. Scientists are growing teeth from human urine. (Learn more at BBC News)
6. Your trash could be the best place to find a million bucks. (Learn more at AARP)
7. Police in Germany can't decide whether it's illegal to drive a swimming pool. (Learn more at National Turk)
8. Singing "Happy Birthday" makes the cake taste better. (Learn more at NBC News)
9. A British cell phone company says it has invented "Thumbells" to help customers keep their texting muscles in shape. (Learn more at ABC News)
10. Sexologist Virginia Johnson of Masters and Johnson fame once performed as a country western singer/pianist under the name Virginia Gibson. (Learn more at AARP)
11. Grizzly bears have lots of fun when they think nobody is looking. (Learn more at Daily Mail Online)
Learn something this week? Let us know, at email@example.com, and we'll try to include your story next time.
On Twitter, we're using the hashtag #11things.
Let us read the 11 Things to you:
Beach bums: Kyle May/Flickr
Bald George H.W. Bush: Jim McGrath/Twitter
Dan Okrent with tattoo: Eric Spiegelman
Lottery winners: Massachusetts Lottery/WPTV
Jacuzzi car: Venom82/Flickr
Blowing out candles: lucyfrench123/Flickr
Bear video: Alberta Parks and Ewan Dobson/YouTube
Also of Interest
- Oprah and Recently Found Sister - Where Are They Now?
- U.S. Still Making Payments to Relatives of Civil War Veterans
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more