AARP Eye Center
The Good, the Bad and the Healthy of '08
By Alejandra Owens, December 30, 2008 10:09 AM
Considering there are only a couple of more days of 2008, this is the time that people start putting together their "best of" lists for the year. And while we didn't necessarily make a "best of," you can guess what we were covering: health. Check out AARP's Top Health Stories of 2008:
- Studies raise questions about benefits and cancer risk of cholesterol drug
- On the drug Vytorin and and its potential cancer risk
- Some good news on cancer trends
- First face transplant in the U.S.
- Public and Congress examines chemicals in kids' products
- As economy decreases, stress increases
- Childhood obesity leveling off after decades of increase
- Some good news for breast cancer survivors
- Statin drug Crestor cuts serious risks
Check out the whole piece for details on each story....