News, discoveries and fun …
1. The world’s ugliest animal is … the blobfish. (Learn more at CNN)
2. Surprise: The “perfect age” is now 50. (Learn more at AARP)
3. The Beatles have a new album on the way. (Learn more at BBC)
4. A daily cup of coffee can help prevent uterine cancer. (Learn more at AARP)
5. Why Tofutti CEO David Mintz loves older workers: “There’s no experience like experience.” (Learn more at The Tennessean)
6. The latest Forbes 400 list of richest Americans gives a new twist to the term “old money.” (Learn more at AARP)
7. Bob Newhart won his first-ever acting Emmy at the age of 84. (Learn more at Hollywood Reporter)
8. TV execs have dubbed viewers in the 55-to-64 age bracket “alpha boomers.” (Learn more at Hollywood Reporter)
9. Hipsters have “geezer style” locked up. (No kidding.) (Learn more at New York Times)
10. June Foray, 95, is the voice behind Rocky the Flying Squirrel (and Natasha Fatale, too). (Learn more at AARP)
11. Those drug ads on TV? Most are misleading. (Learn more at AARP)
Learn something this week? Let us know, at email@example.com, and we’ll try to include your story next time.
On Twitter, we’re using the hashtag #11things.
Let us read “11 Things” to you:
Images — Blobfish: Kerryn Parkinson/Caters News/ZUMAPRESS.com; Birthday: Sheree Kozel-La Ha/Flickr; Woman and coffee: Tom Conger/Flickr; Grocery shelf: ruminatrix/Flickr; Bob Newhart: skyobrienpics/Flickr; Young hipster: jamelah/Flickr; old hipster: Christopher.Michel/Flickr; Flying squirrel: changa_lion
Music — Deep Sky Blue, by Graphiqs Groove
Also of Interest
- Trading In Your Smartphone? Tips for Protecting Your Data
- Don’t Flush That! ‘Flushable’ Wipes Can Wreck Pipes
- Questions about the Affordable Care Act? Get your answers here.
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more