News, discoveries and … fun
1. A cobra can bite and kill someone even 20 minutes after its head is severed. (Learn more at Daily Mirror)
4. With the national unemployment rate at 6.2 percent in July, 20 U.S. cities are under 4 percent. (Learn more at Vox)
NPR)(Learn more at
Bonus video: You may have seen the precocious “apparently” kid earlier in the summer. But have you heard him sing?
Learn something this week? Mail your ideas to email@example.com, and we’ll try to include your story next time.
On Twitter, we’re using the hashtag #11things.
Let us read 11 Things to you:
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/165053114″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Images – Cobra: iStock/aletsix; Lobster: Flickr/Richard Wood; Italy: Wikimedia user Azotoliquido; Pinball: Flickr/Jenni Conrad; Elephant: Black Ivory Coffee promotional video screenshot; Spider: iStock/papkin
Music – AlexBeroza: Spinnin’; Songify This
Also of Interest
- Most Stolen Vehicles and Other Things We Didn’t Know Last Week
- 3 Classic Cruise Ship Rip-Offs to Avoid
- Fight fraud and ID theft with the AARP Fraud Watch Network.
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more