AARP Eye Center
11 Things We Didn't Know Last Week
By Steve Mencher, August 27, 2014 04:39 PM
News, discoveries and ... fun
1. A cobra can bite and kill someone even 20 minutes after its head is severed. (Learn more at Daily Mirror)
>> 12 Foods Sabotaging Your Sleeep
4. With the national unemployment rate at 6.2 percent in July, 20 U.S. cities are under 4 percent. (Learn more at Vox)
(Learn more at Wired)
>> Get travel discounts with your AARP Member Advantages.
(Learn more at Nature)
(Learn more at NPR)
Bonus video: You may have seen the precocious "apparently" kid earlier in the summer. But have you heard him sing?
Learn something this week? Mail your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll try to include your story next time.
On Twitter, we're using the hashtag #11things.
Let us read 11 Things to you:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/165053114" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Images - Cobra: iStock/aletsix; Lobster: Flickr/Richard Wood; Italy: Wikimedia user Azotoliquido; Pinball: Flickr/Jenni Conrad; Elephant: Black Ivory Coffee promotional video screenshot; Spider: iStock/papkin
Music - AlexBeroza: Spinnin'; Songify This
Also of Interest
- Most Stolen Vehicles and Other Things We Didn't Know Last Week
- 3 Classic Cruise Ship Rip-Offs to Avoid
- Fight fraud and ID theft with the AARP Fraud Watch Network.
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more