News, discoveries and fun ...
1. Dolphins are 10 times stronger than the fittest humans. (Learn more at Discovery)
2. A spandex suit that combats slipped disks in astronauts might also help people on Earth with lower-back problems. (Learn more at Mashable) (hat tip to Mike Kulick)
3. One percent of the world's population controls half the wealth. (Learn more at NPR)
4. The Peace Corp's oldest volunteer, 80, is winding up her assignment in South Africa. (Learn more at AARP)
9. Actor Jonah Hill made only $60,000 for his Oscar-nominated performance in The Wolf of Wall Street. (Learn more at EOnline)
10. Mixed breeds will appear at this year's Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show for the first time. (Learn more at Yahoo)
11. What you say on Twitter can land you in court. (Learn more at ABC News)
Making snow for the Olympics, via National Geographic:
Let us read 11 Things to you:
Learn something this week? Mail your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll try to include your story next time.
On Twitter, we're using the hashtag #11things.
Images - Dolphin: Getty Images; Space Suit: NASA-Waldie; We Are 99%: net_efekt/Flickr; Vivian Davis: Photo courtesy of Peace Corps; Dalai Lama fist bump: Sirensongs/Flickr; Jonah Hill and Leonardo DiCaprio: YouTube 'Wolf of Wall Street' Trailer;
Music: Longitudinal exploitation by Relias, via SoundCloud
>> Sign up for the AARP Leisure Newsletter
Also of Interest
- This Week In Boomer History - Jan. 20-26
- Photos: Annette Funicello and Other Stars That Passed Away in 2013
- Get free assistance with tax-return preparation from Tax-Aide
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more
>> Get entertainment and dining discounts with your AARP Member Advantages.