AARP Eye Center
Investors frequently get invited to lunch seminars that promise to educate them about investing strategies or managing money in retirement--often with an expensive meal provided at no cost. Just because someone buys you breakfast, lunch or dinner doesn't mean you have to buy what they are saying--or selling.
Invitations to Free Lunch Seminars can be tempting. But before you accept, make sure ask a lot of questions such as:
- What are the risks of this investment?
- Will my investment be tied up? If so, for how long?
- What happens if I decide to sell or cash in my investment? Are there surrender charges or other fees?
- What are your credentials?
- Are you licensed to sell this investment?
- Is this investment product registered?
A wise and safe investor always asks as many questions as needed to understand the investment. To learn other helpful hints go here.