News, discoveries and ... fun
Share Your New Year’s Resolution for a Chance to Win $100. Enter Now! See Official Rules
5. Your tongue does not have specific areas that can be mapped to tastes — like "salty" or "bitter." (Learn more at National Geographic)
8. There seems to be a sweet spot for healthy salt consumption — not too much, but not as little as doctors have suggested. (Learn more at AARP)
>> Get discounts on electronics with your AARP Member Advantages.
9. Millennials will replace boomers as America's most populous generation this year. (Learn more at Time)
10. Your Facebook "likes" can provide a key to your personality. (Learn more at NY Times)
11. Workers who put in a lot of overtime tend to drink more after work. (Learn more at Global.ca)
And here's our Bonus Video: You don't have to be a football fan to enjoy this Seattle man's extended selfie — he films himself as his beloved Seattle Seahawks come from behind to win a miraculous victory over the Green Bay Packers. The whole thing is so 2015.
Let us read 11 Things We Didn’t Know Last Week to you:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/187204261" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Learn something this week? Mail your ideas to email@example.com, and we’ll try to include your story next time.
On Twitter, we’re using the hashtag #11things.
Images – Davos, Switzerland: swisshippo/iStock; Blueberries: iStock/Artpritsadee; Golden orb-web spider: adam/Flickr; Tongue: AARP illus. inspired by National Geographic; Orangutan: paVan/Flickr; Salt: leventkonuk/iStock; Graduation selfie: PeopleImages/iStock.
Music – DLDN Instrumental by timberman
Also of Interest
- Wearable 'Airbags' and Other Things We Didn't Know Last Week
- 3 Classic Cruise Ship Rip-Offs to Avoid
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide: Get free help preparing and filing your taxes
- Join AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more.