As discussions on Capitol Hill heat up around what to include in a huge new budget bill, AARP chief advocacy and engagement officer Nancy LeaMond on Thursday sent lawmakers a list of provisions that would “improve the health and financial security of all older Americans.” Her letter to the House Ways and Means Committee calls for:
- Lowering prescription drug prices
- Expanding Medicare coverage to include dental, hearing and vision
- A tax credit for family caregivers
- Expanding paid family leave
- New nursing home staffing requirements and stronger regulations
The budget bill is being marked up by various House committees and has yet to go to the floor for a full vote.
Read LeaMond’s full letter to lawmakers.