Black History Month is celebrated throughout February to honor many mission-driven individuals who made or are making lasting contributions to the United States.
AARP Driver Safety would like to honor the spirit of the month by furthering our mission to promote safe driving nationwide. Since 1979, AARP Driver Safety has offered the nation’s first and largest refresher course for drivers 50-plus and has helped more than 16 million drivers stay in command of the road. During February, and in celebration of Black History Month, AARP Driver Safety is offering a 30 percent discount on the AARP Smart Driver™ Online course to all drivers with the promotion code VOICES.
Our Smart Driver curriculum teaches tactics that will help drivers feel safe and confident behind the wheel, and it may even save you money on your car insurance.* Take our AARP Smart Driver™ Online course and learn evidence-based strategies to keep you safe behind the wheel.
The AARP Smart Driver online course teaches:
- Defensive driving techniques, new traffic laws and rules of the road
- How to deal with aggressive drivers
- How to safely and properly use antilock brakes, air bags and safety belts
- How to reduce traffic violations, crashes and chances for injury
- How to adjust for physical changes over time
- Important facts about the effects of medication on driving
- Techniques for handling left turns, rights of way, blind spots and more
- Plus, you could reduce your overall maintenance and car insurance costs!*
This promotion will run through Feb. 28. To take advantage of the special discount, click here and use promotion code VOICES to receive 30 percent off.
*The insurance premium is not available in all states for the online or the classroom versions of the course. Please consult your insurance agent for further details.
Kyle Rakow is vice president and national director of AARP Driver Safety. He directs the largest driver improvement course in America designed for drivers age 50 and older. He can be reached at email@example.com .
Photo: AARP Driver Safety
AARP helps people turn their goals and dreams into real possibilities, strengthens communities, and fights for and equips Americans 50 and older to live their best lives. Discover all the ways AARP can help you, your family and your community at AARP Black Community, and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Also of Interest
- Never Too Late: African Americans Making Their Mark
- Toasting Morgan Freeman
- Remembering the Life of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Join or Renew With AARP: Savings, resources and news for your well-being
See the AARP home page for deals, savings tips, trivia and more